Is there a way to save both source and target in the same DOC file: source/target segments
Thread poster: Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:25
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 6, 2017

I'm using Trados 2015, and I was given the task to produce my translation (from Russian to English) in such a manner that each source sentence (or paragraph) is followed by the slash symbol and then by the target sentence (or paragraph):

Стандартная операционная процедура/Standard Operating Procedure

I had already translated the entire text in Trados before the customer specified this requirement.
Is there a way to avoid manually c
... See more
I'm using Trados 2015, and I was given the task to produce my translation (from Russian to English) in such a manner that each source sentence (or paragraph) is followed by the slash symbol and then by the target sentence (or paragraph):

Стандартная операционная процедура/Standard Operating Procedure

I had already translated the entire text in Trados before the customer specified this requirement.
Is there a way to avoid manually copying and pasting bits of text from one Word file to another to create such a translation?
Can this be automated somehow?

[Edited at 2017-10-06 12:00 GMT]
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:25
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Export for bilingual review Oct 6, 2017

This is an option and that is all I would offer a client to provide without additional charge:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl_trados_studio_2015/client_en/edit_view/SendFilesforExternalReview.htm

This provides you with a word file with a bilingual table. If you want, you could edit it to remove some columns (e.g. the m
... See more
This is an option and that is all I would offer a client to provide without additional charge:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/sdl_trados_studio_2015/client_en/edit_view/SendFilesforExternalReview.htm

This provides you with a word file with a bilingual table. If you want, you could edit it to remove some columns (e.g. the match percentage column) or background colors of the cells, to make it a plain table.

Your specific request is not standard, so if that's what they want, I would tell them that there is an additional fee for doing that.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:25
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
An app Oct 6, 2017

There's an app in the SDL App Store that may help you, as it places the target right below the source for each segment:

http://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/rys-enhanced-target-document-generator/805/

Artyom Timeyev
Artyom Timeyev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:25
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 6, 2017

Thank you, Lianne, Nora!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to save both source and target in the same DOC file: source/target segments

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »