Text missing from some segments with placeable
Thread poster: jkmsff
jkmsff
jkmsff
Local time: 08:10
Oct 5, 2017

Maybe you can help me with the following rather strange issue in Trados Studio 2011:

An XML document with a custom DTD contains several instances of the following paragraph:
<p><code>NOTALLOWED</code> definiert eine Ausschluss-Benennungsregel. Eine Ausschluss-Benennungsregel ist erfüllt, wenn der geprüfte Text nicht dem Muster entspricht.</p>

Sentence-based segmentation turns this paragraph into two segments, like this:

<code>NOTALLOWED</code> definiert eine Ausschluss-Benennungsregel.
Eine Ausschluss-Benennungsregel ist erfüllt, wenn der geprüfte Text nicht dem Muster entspricht.

In this custom XML file type, <code> tags are not translatable. <code>NOTALLOWED</code> is treated correctly as a placeable.

The problem is that some text is obviously discarded during segmentation, but only in some instances.

The segment should look like this:

<code>NOTALLOWED</code> definiert eine Ausschluss-Benennungsregel.

However, in some segments, the first 29 characters after the placeable are missing:

<code>NOTALLOWED</code>nennungsregel.

In one segment, the first 35 first characters after the placeable are missing.

<code>NOTALLOWED</code>gsregel.

I haven't defined any custom segmentation rules.

The exact version is Trados 2011 Professional SP2R (10.4.3123.2 = fully patched)

Thanks in advance for any hints.
If my description needs further clarification, I will try my best.

Regards
Joachim

jkmsff
jkmsff
Local time: 08:10
TOPIC STARTER
Test missing from some segments Oct 10, 2017

I don't know what was wrong before, but I solved the issue by creating the XML file type again, around 70 parser rules (phew).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text missing from some segments with placeable

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »