euge bellini  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:39
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 5, 2017

Hi there,
I have just installed version 2017 and it is not working properly. When trying to open a single document for translation, it just lets me choose the languages, but not the TM. I did open a package correctly though. Any thought? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
You're not the only one... Sep 6, 2017

The community kdb has several reports of this happening and so far no public answers - you have to submit a support request. The easiest workaround so far is to make a project from scratch (I would posit that's a good idea all the time, to control exactly where the files are being saved to).

euge bellini
Uruguay
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't believe it Sep 6, 2017

Hi Rosana,
Thanks for your reply.
I can't believe this has no official answer. I will try to submit a ticket and see what happens.

Jesse Good
Jesse Good
Japan
Local time: 07:39
Japanese to English
It's in the knowledge base.... Oct 7, 2017

This error is documented in the kb:
https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000004205

Peter Simon
Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:39
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Perhaps... Oct 10, 2017

I sometimes have this problem too. I usually manage to solve it by choosing another source language first after it balks, and then go back to what I need, and then there she blows!

Hope it works for you too. I mostly have this problem with saving, the solution there is also doing it once again.

euge bellini
Uruguay
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Magically solved Oct 10, 2017

Hi all,
The SDL support team replied and helped me with this issue. Strangely, the problem was already solved during a support call.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble with SDL Studio 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »