HELP! Error message "Dienst Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService...
Thread poster: Christian Köstner (X)
Christian Köstner (X)
Christian Köstner (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:31
German to English
+ ...
Sep 29, 2016

Error message "Dienst Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService konnte nicht gestartet werden.

When trying to open SDL Trados Studio 2014, the message above appears. How can I solve this?

There are already some "help" comments in the SDL community, but they don't help at all.

My laptop initiated a large update of Windows 10 today.
What could I do. Reinstall SDL from scratch?

Christian Köstner (X)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstall no good... Sep 29, 2016

Ok, I just deinstalled SDL completely, downloaded SDL again, reinstalled. Same problem.

Kardas Tradu
Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
Delete the file entitled Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml. Sep 29, 2016

Follow these instructions to fix the issue:
* Close SDL Trados Studio.
* Go to the following folder on your computer (make hidden users and hidden files visible to see this folder!):
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\SDL
Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL
* Delete the file entitled "Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml"
* Restart SDL Trados Studio.
... See more
Follow these instructions to fix the issue:
* Close SDL Trados Studio.
* Go to the following folder on your computer (make hidden users and hidden files visible to see this folder!):
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\SDL
Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL
* Delete the file entitled "Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml"
* Restart SDL Trados Studio.

For more info visit:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/2818.html
Collapse

Christian Köstner (X)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 10 Sep 29, 2016

Does that also work for Windows 10?
I just got the newest update today, which is probably the reason for this error.
Yesterday it worked just fine....

Kardas Tradu
Kardas Tradu  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2011)
Italian to Polish
+ ...
We would do in this way... Sep 29, 2016

Regarding your question: we don't know if it works for Windows 10, but it is always good to try!
We would try this way:

1). Close Trados
2). Make hidden files visible (important!)
3). Go to: "C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL" (where [USER_NAME] is your computer name)
4). Delete "Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml" file

PS: Before deleting the file, copy it f.ex. on your desktop in case the solution won't produce any result.
... See more
Regarding your question: we don't know if it works for Windows 10, but it is always good to try!
We would try this way:

1). Close Trados
3). Go to: "C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL" (where [USER_NAME] is your computer name)

PS: Before deleting the file, copy it f.ex. on your desktop in case the solution won't produce any result.

5). Restart SDL Trados Studio

If the problem persists, place the deleted "Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml" file again where it was placed initially ("C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL"). In this way you avoid worsening the situation
Collapse

Christian Köstner (X)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
file is not there Oct 3, 2016

Kardas Tradu wrote:

We would try this way:

1). Close Trados

5). Restart SDL Trados Studio

If the problem persists, place the deleted "Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml" file again where it was placed initially ("C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL"). In this way you avoid worsening the situation

I can go all the way until ""C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL", but there is no such file indicated....

Christian Mohr
Christian Mohr  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
Same problem here Jul 11, 2018

I have got the same problem with Studio 2017. In the blink of an eye, it stopped working, and the "service not available" message appeared. And in my Windows 10 AppData the mentioned file does not exist either.

Have other users experienced the same problem and received reasonable and understandable replies so far?

rubo77
rubo77
German
maybe the virus scanner is the problem Aug 27, 2020

Try to disable your virus scanner and try again. If that is the solution, then reenable your virus scanner and find the option to allow certain folders, that are needed to start Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Error message "Dienst Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »