Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2014 doesn't open InDesign CC file (idml format)
Thread poster: Jutta Deichselberger
Natalya Danilova
Natalya Danilova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:58
Italian to Russian
+ ...
Studio 2014 vs idml files May 18, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Whenever Adobe make changes they might do something to affect the correct extraction of translatable text, or worse, so using this option will allow you to process the file (unless the change is a really big one!) and we will update any necessary changes in a future update.

Regards

Paul

Dear Paul,

I have Studio 2014 and have the same issue of not recognizing idml files. I've looked through the checkboxes you've mentioned and somehow I don't find the "Process... files" option there. How come? And what should I do then?
Thank you in advance,
Natalya

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:58
English
Can I see an example file? May 18, 2015

Hi Natalya,

Can you share one of your IDML files?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
[email protected]

Nathalie Fernández
Nathalie Fernández
Spain
Member (2019)
English to Spanish
+ ...
IDML file still not working with Studio 2014 SP2 Jan 21, 2016

SDL Community wrote:

BlueRunner wrote:

with the last Indesign CS6 update, the idml version is now 8.1(420) and Studio cannot open it anymore!(

... which you can find here:

Whenever Adobe make changes they might do something to affect the correct extraction of translatable text, or worse, so using this option will allow you to process the file (unless the change is a really big one!) and we will update any necessary changes in a future update.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Dear Paul,

I have Studio 2014 and have the same issue with idml files. The error message is that the file has been processed with InDesign CS4, which is not true as it has been created with CS6 actually.
I've looked through the checkboxes and have ticked the "Process... files" option there but the problem persists. What should I do now? Isn't any SP solving this problem? I have Trados Studio 2014 SP2.

Thanks for your help!

[Edited at 2016-01-21 15:37 GMT]

Jutta Deichselberger
Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have the same problem as Nathalie Fernandez Jan 22, 2016

Dear Paul,

I get the same error message when trying to open the idml file in Studio 2014 SP2 and ticking the "Process unsupported file versions" option doesn't change anything. I need urgent help as I have to translate the file and deliver in Indesign...

Thank you very much in advance!

Jutta

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
Workaround Feb 3, 2016

I've encountered this problem today since a client has updated InDesign yesterday. I could not import the file any more. Ticking the checkbox in the file type options did not help, but the workaround with editing designmap.xml has helped.
SDL needs to fix this soon!

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem here - "Process unsupported file versions" does not work Jun 30, 2016

ditto - Trados 2014 SP2

designmap.xml had "product="11.4(90)"

Grażyna Wełna
Grażyna Wełna
French to Polish
+ ...
how to change the InDesign version into supported file format Oct 28, 2016

Hi,
I had the same problem and I found the solution:
http://latam-translations.com/blog-en/?p=98.

It worked perfectly for me.
I hope it help.

Regards,
Grazyna

ElenaCM (X)
ElenaCM (X)
French to Spanish
+ ...
link not valid any more Oct 4, 2017

gagami wrote:

Hi,
I had the same problem and I found the solution:
http://latam-translations.com/blog-en/?p=98.

It worked perfectly for me.
I hope it help.

Regards,
Grazyna

Hi!

Thank you for your feedback. However, the link leads to the main page of this site and I cannot find any blog subcategory. Could you please replicate the solution on this thread?
Regards,

Elena

Katrin Bosse (X)
Katrin Bosse (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
gagami's link not working anymore - has anybody else found a solution? Nov 10, 2017

I am facing the exact same problem as my colleagues: an .idml file, created in InDesign CS6 but as CS4 version, cannot be opened in Studio 2014.

The link gagami provided is not functioning and I would be very grateful for any suggestion of a solution or a workaround.

THANK YOU!

Katrin

[Bearbeitet am 2017-11-10 15:00 GMT]

Francesco Varotto
Francesco Varotto  Identity Verified
Member (2021)
English to Italian
+ ...
Indesign versions Nov 13, 2017

Hi Katrin,
have you found a solution to your problem?
Who created the idml file you are trying to open in Studio?
I mean do you have the Indesign software or not?
Sometimes I noticed that if you have created for instance an idml file with Indesign CS6 you have to open it again in CS4 and save it again in idml. Then you can open it in Studio. If you can, give it a try.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 doesn't open InDesign CC file (idml format)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »