Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How can I select in one click source or target segment in Studio 2011 - Editor view?
Thread poster: Macaron
Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:28
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
I am reading your posts carefully Jan 6, 2012

However, it seems to me that you are not...

Is it possible that we (you and me) are using two different Studios 2011? How is it possible that I have these shortcuts on the list and you do not?

If you would read carefully you would notice the following:
Ctrl+Shift+Up = Select next row content
Ctrl+Shift+Down = Select previous row content

Is it so difficult to check if it works for you? I have checked, and it does exactly wha
... See more
However, it seems to me that you are not...

Is it possible that we (you and me) are using two different Studios 2011? How is it possible that I have these shortcuts on the list and you do not?

If you would read carefully you would notice the following:
Ctrl+Shift+Up = Select next row content
Ctrl+Shift+Down = Select previous row content

Is it so difficult to check if it works for you? I have checked, and it does exactly what you need.
Collapse

Macaron
Macaron
Local time: 19:28
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
content is not segment Jan 6, 2012

hi,
a segment, is a segment
a row is a row
in a row there are two segments : the source segment and the target segment....

the shortcut works for the row, not for the segment

Macaron
Macaron
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
eureka Jan 6, 2012

Natalie,

your answer, finally, gave me the trick

Select a row, by clicking in the left cell, (with the number)
Then click simultaneously Ctrl+shift+down arrow : will select the source segment....!!!!

well, it is not one click, but much better than overing with the mouse

thanks

Macaron
Macaron
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
eureka but Jan 6, 2012

it is a bit more complicated than what I thought :

you need to be at the beginning of the source segment, in order to select the source segment....
so F6 to jump to the beginning of the source segment, and then Ctrl+shift+down arrow :
not very productive, but still better than overing.... keyboad only, no mouse involved.

rethanks

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
finally :-) Jan 6, 2012

These shortcuts select either the source or the target, depending on the position of the cursor.

In my computer it works without any additional tricks or pressing anything else, irrespectively of the position of the cursor within the segment.

Macaron
Macaron
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
poland is a blessed country Jan 6, 2012

apparently Trados works better in Poland than in the States

mine needs to be at the beginning..
yet I would be happy to have the same "one click does it all" that we had in SDLX.

good night

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not an answer Jan 6, 2012

Macaron wrote:

hi,
because there is a bug in Translation results window, and Trados support has not been able to fix it, baaaaaaaaaa
I need to select the source segment in order to hit F7..... if you want to know the whole story

What does F7 mean? I am not alfa and omega and do not know all shortcuts by hard.
So please tell me exactly WHY do you need to go and select the source segment and what this has in common with a bug in translation results window?

Macaron
Macaron
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
final Jan 6, 2012

SDL support is working on this bug.
F7 allow you to see the translation memories result in concordance window, for me a substitute of the defaulting translation results windows.
sorry I have to go back to work, and Natalie found a palliative, not perfect, but without using the mouse.
bye

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
So you need to go to source to search for concordande? Jan 6, 2012

Why did you not say that clearly at the beginning?
The solution is far easier than you think.
Instead of going to source copy source to target, press CTRL+A and then CTRL+F3 (standard Trados shortcut for Source concordance). when condordance is found you can select text in concordance window and after right clicking it isert into translation without pressinc CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

Pardon my French, but you have been sitting on a quite high horse here. Making clear statements
... See more
Why did you not say that clearly at the beginning?
The solution is far easier than you think.
Instead of going to source copy source to target, press CTRL+A and then CTRL+F3 (standard Trados shortcut for Source concordance). when condordance is found you can select text in concordance window and after right clicking it isert into translation without pressinc CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

Pardon my French, but you have been sitting on a quite high horse here. Making clear statements and answering questions directly instead of treating the other person like a child would have been more constructive here.
Collapse

Macaron
Macaron
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
the other way is better Jan 6, 2012

your solution means six or seven operations
the other one three only

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:28
English to Spanish
A saint's patience Jan 6, 2012

Jerzy and Natalie,

You should be commended for your incredible amount of patience dealing with Macaron's convoluted way of describing the desired action.

[Edited at 2012-01-06 18:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-01-06 21:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-01-07 16:55 GMT]

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:28
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Macaron, Natalie, and Jerzy! Dec 25, 2014

for clarifying this issue. It has helped me find a workaround to a different issue that is not related to the original problem, which I have no idea what it was in the first place.

Janusz Baginski
Janusz Baginski  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:28
Member (2017)
English to Polish
+ ...
Ms Macaron was spot on Apr 12, 2020

'select in one click [...]the source segment'

This is a very to the point inquiry, and I admire her for her stoic further explanations of her inquiry even though there is no need to expand on the above. Fortunately, the angel Natalie spread her blisful wings when Ms Macaron found herself stranded and perplexed.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I select in one click source or target segment in Studio 2011 - Editor view?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »