Hanna Sunnari
Hanna Sunnari
Finland
Local time: 18:15
English to Finnish
+ ...
Dec 14, 2020

Hello,

has anyone worked with a coordinator called Amanda, with an email address "[email protected]"?
My mistake was not to check this gmail address, as she is not working for the company Day Translations Inc..

Anyway, I did a large Hyundai manuals project in September for her and first she told me "the client pays in the end of the month", then completely disappeared. The mails bounce.

Just wondering did anyone else work with her (su
... See more
Hello,

has anyone worked with a coordinator called Amanda, with an email address "[email protected]"?
My mistake was not to check this gmail address, as she is not working for the company Day Translations Inc..

Anyway, I did a large Hyundai manuals project in September for her and first she told me "the client pays in the end of the month", then completely disappeared. The mails bounce.

Just wondering did anyone else work with her (supposedly a multilingual project) and did you get paid?

- Hanna
Collapse

Christopher Girsch

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 17:15
English to German
In memoriam
You should contact the end client in this case Dec 14, 2020

This looks very scammy and a gmail address should always ring an alarm bell. Anyway, in this case it should be possible to find and contact the end client (maybe your translation can even be found on the net now?), so that you could complain there, ask for the provider and/or set the police on the track of the fraudster.

Zibow Retailleau
Kevin Fulton
Jessica Noyes
Elena Feriani
Yolanda Broad
Katalin Horváth McClure
ahartje

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:15
English to Russian
Vetting email address Dec 16, 2020

When I receive such emails from free services like gmail claiming they belong to a company that must have its own domain, I always contact the company directly by the address shown on their website to ask if they have such employee authorized to make such assignments on their behalf. It is not always that gmail address means scam, but it is very easy to check.

Vadim Kadyrov
Robert Rietvelt
Kevin Fulton
Dan Lucas
Yolanda Broad
Josephine Cassar
TranslatedWords

gregoryscott
gregoryscott
Australia
Local time: 02:15
Japanese to English
+ ...
Amanda, with an email address "[email protected]" Dec 20, 2020

Hello, and commiserations to Hanna,

I also did a large audio translation for Amanda from Day Translations. My experience was identical to Hanna's.

The end client, in my case, was Westpac. I will take Kay-Victor's advice and follow up with them.

This is my first experience of being defrauded in this way after years in the industry, but it is a bitter one. Please be careful who you take work from.

Ramesh Kulandaivel

Arie Shevchenko
Arie Shevchenko  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:15
Member (2020)
Russian to Hebrew
+ ...
"Amanda from "Day Translations" Feb 11, 2021

Fantastic!
I've just finished a short translation project for Amanda from Day Translations.
"She" also proposed a new big translation project, which I have not agreed for yet.
The e-mail address is [email protected]
Following the advice above I've contacted the Day Translation company in NY.
Well, let's see how it will turn out.
Thanks for the warning

Ramesh Kulandaivel

daytranslations
daytranslations
Local time: 12:15
Member (1970)
Day Translations will not contact you via gmail! Feb 11, 2021

Dear translators,

We are very sorry to hear that this scammer has misled you.
Please note that this person DOES NOT work with Day Translations and that all and any assignment from us will always come from emails with our official "@daytranslations.com" domain, such as [email protected].
You can also check out our website below, and contact us if any issu
... See more
Dear translators,

We are very sorry to hear that this scammer has misled you.
Please note that this person DOES NOT work with Day Translations and that all and any assignment from us will always come from emails with our official "@daytranslations.com" domain, such as [email protected].
You can also check out our website below, and contact us if any issues arise:
www.daytranslations.com

All our PMs are thoroughly vetted and we ask you to NOT ACCEPT any work originating from different domains and stating to be part of our company.

One of our translators has been kind enough to bring this to our attention, and we are doing our best to take action on this matter. We hope no further harm is done to honest and hard-working translators!
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Ramesh Kulandaivel

daytranslations
daytranslations
Member (1970)
From Sean Hopwood Feb 11, 2021

Dear Ms. Sunnari:

How are you? I am Sean Patrick Hopwood, president of Day Translations. I am sorry about what happened to you. As our company grows, we continue to try to protect our brand against people trying to imitate us. Our reputation and brand are very important to us. Please do not reply to anyone who doesn't have an email ending in @daytranslations.com

Truly,

Sean Hopwood

Hanna Sunnari wrote:

Hello,

Just wondering did anyone else work with her (supposedly a multilingual project) and did you get paid?

- Hanna

Christopher Girsch
Christopher Girsch  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 11:15
Japanese to English
Amanda at Day Translation IS A SCAM Mar 18, 2021

I was ripped off by this woman for around $4,000.

She is a liar and a cheat.

BEWARE

DO NOT TAKE ANY WORK FROM HER. I TALKED WITH DAY TRANSLATION AND THEY SAID THEY ARE GETTING CALLS ABOUT THIS A LOT LATELY.

Michael Newton

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 11:15
English to Russian
+ ...
No title Mar 18, 2021

Christopher Girsch wrote:

I was ripped off by this woman

Christopher,

I'm very sorry for your trouble but THERE IS NO SUCH WOMAN. There is no any specific individual behind these dark-web operations.

The name is the last thing you should worry about. Please read many Scam forums and Scam Alert.

Dan Lucas

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
"Amanda" Mar 22, 2021

The @gmail.com address should be a dead giveaway.

Dan Lucas
Zibow Retailleau
Bajram Djambazi

Ramesh Kulandaivel
Ramesh Kulandaivel
India
Local time: 21:45
English to Tamil
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Amanda a great fraud Nov 29, 2022

last year i received the payments from her. After that there was no news from her. I worked with her for the WIPRO HR document tranlsations. She also used me for the lion bridge projects, for which I worked direclty on their portal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amanda from "Day Translations" and a large Huynday project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »