Fortunately I always check all what I can check

Zibow Retailleau
Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Mauritius
Local time: 14:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sorry for your experience but thank you for letting us know... Sep 29, 2019

...as I just received an offer from David Stewart as well. Luckily, running a background check before accepting a job is my habit.

Eduard Urgell
Eduard Urgell  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
No issues with Translation Minds Oct 2, 2019

I have recently translated a text for Translation Minds and have been (fairly) paid in less than 2 weeks. The PM, David Stewart, has been great to deal with.

erwantreguier

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
Local time: 10:26
French to English
+ ...
Final piece of information re. TRANSLATION MINDS Dec 5, 2019

Dissolution of the company on 22 October 2019:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11880327

All that you need to know can be found via the above link.

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:26
Japanese to English
+ ...
Translation body Dec 6, 2019

In retrospect, "Regent Street" is an awfully posh address for a translation agency.

Josephine Cassar

Thomas Veron [EI]
Thomas Veron [EI]
France
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Could it be the same David Stewart? Mar 24, 2021

I remember I had a problem finding this guy's (?) company to make an invoice some time ago.
This was the information I got from him, and I couldn't find a company registration or VAT.

Tolingo Limited
Attn: David Stewart
Abbey Road
London
United Kingdom

Strange, another famous address . But I had payment through the platform I worked on, so just an invoicing problem for me, l
... See more
I remember I had a problem finding this guy's (?) company to make an invoice some time ago.
This was the information I got from him, and I couldn't find a company registration or VAT.

Tolingo Limited
Attn: David Stewart
Abbey Road
London
United Kingdom

Strange, another famous address . But I had payment through the platform I worked on, so just an invoicing problem for me, luckily. .

[Edited at 2021-03-24 20:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-03-24 20:15 GMT]
Collapse

tolingo GmbH
tolingo GmbH
Germany
Member (2009)
Don't forget to check for scammers Mar 26, 2021

Hello all, hi Thomas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tolingo Limited is indeed a fake agency that used our name – tolingo GmbH – to scam freelance translators. The scammer company has been deleted from the platform Thomas mentioned, and we hope that there will be no further damage.

We’re very sorry to hear that some of you fell prey to this scam. Take care and don’t forget to check the scammer lists!

Best regards,
... See more
Hello all, hi Thomas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tolingo Limited is indeed a fake agency that used our name – tolingo GmbH – to scam freelance translators. The scammer company has been deleted from the platform Thomas mentioned, and we hope that there will be no further damage.

We’re very sorry to hear that some of you fell prey to this scam. Take care and don’t forget to check the scammer lists!

Best regards,
Kimberly
Vendor Manager at tolingo GmbH
Collapse

gayd (X)
gayd (X)
Regent Street Mar 26, 2021

Michael Newton wrote:

In retrospect, "Regent Street" is an awfully posh address for a translation agency.

Regent Street is a well known address for virtual offices.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Interesting Mar 27, 2021

So, did y'all get scammed by a translation company led by a washed-up Russian pop star, or do they just use fake names?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Minds Ltd disappeared after I delivered

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »