Please include a BB link on company pages (that are linked in job notification emails)
Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:44
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2019

I really like that now the job post notification emails include the country of the job poster, and also a link to a page about the company. That link looks like this: https://www.proz.com/business/some_number_and_company_name_here
(This is not a working link, just a sample of the format used.)
These company pages are nicely designed and include pretty much all r
... See more
I really like that now the job post notification emails include the country of the job poster, and also a link to a page about the company. That link looks like this: https://www.proz.com/business/some_number_and_company_name_here
(This is not a working link, just a sample of the format used.)
These company pages are nicely designed and include pretty much all relevant info about the company, EXCEPT any info about their Blue Board (BB) record. I think checking out the BB for any company before we consider working with them is a crucial step, and the numerous forum posts about problems resulting from skipping that step confirms this. Being forced to do this in a roundabout way (going to the BB and searching for the company name or going to the job post and from there going to the BB) is an unnecessary hurdle, IMHO.
I think it would serve everybody's interest best if there was a direct link to the company's BB record right there on that company info page in a very visible place, perhaps in a form that includes the current rating figure. There seem to be enough empty "real estate" on that page to accommodate this, for example, under the company logo, to the right of the text description in the large white rectangle, or to the right of that rectangle where the number of jobs and domains are shown.

Could this be implemented, please?

[Edited at 2019-04-27 17:19 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Michele Fauble
Robert Forstag
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Sheila Wilson
Yoana Ivanova
Josephine Cassar

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:44
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Seconded Apr 27, 2019

In this case, a simple "agree" isn't enough. I really want to see this happen.

Yolanda Broad

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:44
English to Italian
Am I missing something? Apr 27, 2019

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

These company pages are nicely designed and include pretty much all relevant info about the company, EXCEPT any info about their Blue Board (BB) record.

Actually, when opening a https://www.proz.com/business/xxxxx link, I can see two references to the "5 year BB rating" on the top of the page, plus a "Blue Board" section further down, which lists all associated BB records for the company with their https://www.proz.com/blueboard/xxxxx links.

One thing that could be improved, IMHO, is having the same amount of info the BB provides directly on the company page, as right now it's limited to the 10 most recent ratings and lacks details about the rating givers (you have to hover on each name to bring up more details, which is not practical), detailed rating and maybe other things I'm missing right now.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It seems inconsistent Apr 27, 2019

So, after reading Mirko's post, I went back and checked a few recent Job notification emails in my Trash folder. It seems that there are company pages that have BB info, and there are others that don't. I cannot find any logic in which page has it and which doesn't. Companies without BB info on that "/business" page do have actual BB records, so the difference is not whether there is an actual BB record.
Perhaps the site developers know what is going on.
I think the BB info+link shou
... See more
So, after reading Mirko's post, I went back and checked a few recent Job notification emails in my Trash folder. It seems that there are company pages that have BB info, and there are others that don't. I cannot find any logic in which page has it and which doesn't. Companies without BB info on that "/business" page do have actual BB records, so the difference is not whether there is an actual BB record.
Perhaps the site developers know what is going on.
I think the BB info+link should be part of every company page.

Added:
I did not want to post actual links, but I think it is better to do so, just for illustration:
On these two pages, I do not see any reference to the BB, even though both companies have BB records:
https://www.proz.com/business/370-the-translation-company-group
https://www.proz.com/business/42040-quadrate-multilingual-consultant-pvt-ltd

On this page, there is a BB record, pretty much in the form I imagined:
https://www.proz.com/business/66511-screens-international

[Edited at 2019-04-27 20:10 GMT]
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Yolanda Broad

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:44
SITE STAFF
Not all companies have their Blue Board linked to their Business page yet Apr 27, 2019

As companies take ownership of their Business pages and site staff check and verify company information, you should see more Blue Board links on the Business pages themselves, but this work is still in progress.

Jared

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Jared - Separate databases? Apr 28, 2019

Hi Jared,
Thanks for checking in.
Does it mean that you will have separate (duplicate) data tables (databases) for the BB and the business pages and profile pages instead of just having different views on one single combined company database queried real-time? Separate (duplicate) data will inevitably go out of synch, no?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:44
SITE STAFF
No Apr 28, 2019

Hi Katalin,

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Hi Jared,
Thanks for checking in.
Does it mean that you will have separate (duplicate) data tables (databases) for the BB and the business pages and profile pages instead of just having different views on one single combined company database queried real-time? Separate (duplicate) data will inevitably go out of synch, no?

Business pages are representations of companies. Profiles will be used to represent individuals, who may be working for or own a company. The Blue Board records are for the display of feedback on outsourcers. Blue Board records are being associated with Business pages where applicable, to unify and centralize information on a company. When finished, a Business page will be the go-to place to see information about a company, though one may be able to jump from there to see more detailed information of a specific kind elsewhere (a Blue Board record, previously posted jobs, owner and employee profiles, etc.). Since businesses can take ownership of their pages and update information as needed, this information will most likely end up being more up-to-date and less out of sync than it currently is.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please include a BB link on company pages (that are linked in job notification emails)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »