ErichEko ⟹⭐  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 19:15
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Apr 28, 2020

Dear All,

I am wondering if there is anyone who cannot withdraw from Payoneer after activating 2-Step Verification. The problem is below:

1-I activated 2-SV
2-I tried to withdraw to my bank account, all run smoothly until clicking the Review button
3-A BLANK pop-up screen appeared, allegedly asking for a verification code because at the same time, my phone received a code from them
4-After a while, my browser told me that the auth.payoneer.com w
... See more
Dear All,

I am wondering if there is anyone who cannot withdraw from Payoneer after activating 2-Step Verification. The problem is below:

1-I activated 2-SV
2-I tried to withdraw to my bank account, all run smoothly until clicking the Review button
3-A BLANK pop-up screen appeared, allegedly asking for a verification code because at the same time, my phone received a code from them
4-After a while, my browser told me that the auth.payoneer.com was unreachable
5-In Firefox, I could get back to the home screen; in Edge or Chrome, I got stuck and had to close the tab
6-In all browsers, the money was still there
7-Trying to turn off the 2-SV was futile, since it would display the same BLANK pop-up screen (see point 3).

I have contacted Payoneer, and is promised a 3-day response.

I post the case here just in case someone has successfully gone through the same issue, or someone has successfully withdrawn money after a 2-SV activation. Perhaps you can share the browser type and version? Firefox also indicates a problem with outdated Adobe Flash plugin.

I hope I will be the last to experience this, so please kindly share your experience.

Thank you, Erich.
Collapse

ErichEko ⟹⭐
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Case Closed, Successfully! May 3, 2020

One suggestion that I get is to reboot my [Wi-Fi] router, and then tada... it works!

So, the case is hereby closed.

KR, Erich

Ricardo Sandy Aries
Ricardo Sandy Aries  Identity Verified
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Just Use PayPal for Convenience May 4, 2020

You could just ditch Payoneer altogether and use PayPal instead. Its mobile app has a fingerprint security option now. Easy and secure. There's no need to input any password or time-sensitive OTP code ever again once your fingerprint has been recognized by the app.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:15
Danish to English
+ ...
PayPal May 4, 2020

Ricardo Sandy Aries wrote:

You could just ditch Payoneer altogether and use PayPal instead. Its mobile app has a fingerprint security option now. Easy and secure. There's no need to input any password or time-sensitive OTP code ever again once your fingerprint has been recognized by the app.

PayPal is also extremely expensive, which is why many use much cheaper solutions such as TransferWise when it's possible. Why pay 8% when you can pay 0.5%-1%?

PayPal is not necessarily 'secure', by the way. As a service provider, you're not covered by their seller protection (but still pay the same high fees as those who are), and if you receive a fraudulent payment via PayPal (it has happened to me), they'll make a chargeback without any explanation and charge you a fee for the inconvenience. This is unlikely to happen with an agency, though.

DZiW (X)
ErichEko ⟹⭐

ErichEko ⟹⭐
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Send people to the moon May 5, 2020

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

PayPal is also extremely expensive, which is why many use much cheaper solutions such as TransferWise when it's possible. Why pay 8% when you can pay 0.5%-1%?

PayPal is not necessarily 'secure', by the way. As a service provider, you're not covered by their seller protection (but still pay the same high fees as those who are), and if you receive a fraudulent payment via PayPal (it has happened to me), they'll make a chargeback without any explanation and charge you a fee for the inconvenience. This is unlikely to happen with an agency, though.

I cannot agree less. The only little consolation every time I withdraw my fund from PayPal is that by using PayPal, I [maybe] contribute to financing a project to send people to the moon and beyond.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payoneer: Problem wih 2 Step Verification

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »