In Memsource Web Editor, why do I get the 101 % match pre-filled in some cases only?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:26
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 9, 2018

In Memsource Web Editor, why do I get the 101 % match pre-filled in some cases only?

Now for the first time I don't need to press the shortcut Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 for inserting a hit from the TM because the target box in the editing windows if already pre-filled with each respective match from the TM. This saves a lot of time, because now I only need to click Ctrl+Enter (a much easier key combination to press quickly than Ctrl+1).

How come this began now, and still in some
... See more

Now for the first time I don't need to press the shortcut Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 for inserting a hit from the TM because the target box in the editing windows if already pre-filled with each respective match from the TM. This saves a lot of time, because now I only need to click Ctrl+Enter (a much easier key combination to press quickly than Ctrl+1).

How come this began now, and still in some cases I only get the result 101 % match in the TM windows and the target box is empty so I need to press Ctrl+1 in these cases to insert the hit from the TM?
Collapse

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Preferences Jan 9, 2018

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

How come this began now, and still in some cases I only get the result 101 % match in the TM windows and the target box is empty so I need to press Ctrl+1 in these cases to insert the hit from the TM?

I have not seen this behavior yet, but you could take a look at the settings under Menu>Tools>Preferences on the CAT tab, these are the settings that control the pretranslation, as far as I know.

Vaclav Balacek
Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
From Memsource Support Jan 10, 2018

Hi, pre-translation should definitely happen in all cases. If you experience different behaviour, please get back to us at [email protected].
Thank you,
Vaclav

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »