Locked TAGS in sdlxliff: Any difference between MemoQ and Trados Studio?
Thread poster: pjg111
pjg111
pjg111  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:39
English to French
Nov 25, 2020

Hi everybody,

Reverting to my unanswered previous query.

In sdlxliff files I sometimes have TAGS (not segments) that are locked but must be edited (translated).

So I have to unlock them first before translating their contents.

My usual route is using Trados Studio for this only purpose, unlocking and editing the concerned tag(s), saving my sdlxliff file, exporting it, and reopening it in MemoQ so I can continue working on it.

I hav
... See more
Hi everybody,

Reverting to my unanswered previous query.

In sdlxliff files I sometimes have TAGS (not segments) that are locked but must be edited (translated).

So I have to unlock them first before translating their contents.

My usual route is using Trados Studio for this only purpose, unlocking and editing the concerned tag(s), saving my sdlxliff file, exporting it, and reopening it in MemoQ so I can continue working on it.

I have two questions about this issue:

1/ In MemoQ, how can i spot such locked tags?

The segment when viewed in Trados Studio:
2020-11-25 18-42-21 SDL Trados Studio

The same segment when viewed in MemoQ:
2020-11-25 18-43-18 memoQ

Is there any MemoQ setting that would allow me to see that Video tag (arrowed) is to be edited?

2/ Can I directly unlock locked tags from within MemoQ?

Subsidiary but helpful question.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Patrick

[Edited at 2020-11-25 22:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-25 22:03 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Locked TAGS in sdlxliff: Any difference between MemoQ and Trados Studio?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »