Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How Legal Are Electronic Agreements/Contracts Used By Some Outsourcers?
Thread poster: Jean Fulbert Hervé Eboumeyeng
Jean Fulbert Hervé Eboumeyeng
Jean Fulbert Hervé Eboumeyeng  Identity Verified
Cameroon
Local time: 14:00
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: Reprisals After My Posts Nov 3, 2020

After my denunciations here, I was a victim of reprisals. Since I denounced the identity verification required by some outsourcers, my recent LinkedIn account (opened the same week) was restricted for no reason. They required that I provide them with an official ID to verify my identity. In fact, they wanted to legitimise this practice, which I categorically refused and considered deleting my profile. Finally, the account was reactivated more than two weeks later.

I would like to cl
... See more
After my denunciations here, I was a victim of reprisals. Since I denounced the identity verification required by some outsourcers, my recent LinkedIn account (opened the same week) was restricted for no reason. They required that I provide them with an official ID to verify my identity. In fact, they wanted to legitimise this practice, which I categorically refused and considered deleting my profile. Finally, the account was reactivated more than two weeks later.

I would like to clarify that my post was motivated by the fact that the Platform, which is collaborating with me at the moment (translation of subtitles), required an automatic identity verification, allegedly for security reasons. It has imposed a specific identity document, requiring a combination of the address of the country of residence, the telephone number and the country issuing the identity document (in line with their spurious criteria). It planned to deactivate the accounts of translators who did not submit to this exercise by December 2020.

In fact, I was the one who was targeted by this measure. There are indications that they have accomplices in Brazil. So they know the ID I use here. This document is held by my Brazilian bank, against which I have several times filed complaints. Moreover, my address has been falsified by my bank in July 2019, with the complicity of agents of the Brazilian Post Office in Sao Paulo, to prevent me from receiving my payments from this Platform. The criteria have been defined to exclude me. A private company cannot take the place of government officials. I am a natural person residing in a governed country. All my payments always go through banks and no bank in the world can open an account and pay you without checking your identity. If they don't trust the authorities in my country of residence or origin, why should they trust the ID documents they issue? During the year, this Platform, under the pretext of verifying my identity, required my phone number and full mailing address. I never received their letter supposed to check the correctness of that address as they pretended. Where is the verification? The reasons given are fallacious and are intended to blackmail me and harm me before I find any other job.

Now, under the pretext of caring about quality and assessing translators, they require that translators send two videos, by December 2020, where they can be seen very well. Question: do these people know what they are talking about? You assess a translator (who translates by writing) with a video? What is the professional relevance of this so-called assessment? Before recruiting me, they tested me and actually work mainly with people who are simply bilingual.

For your information, I got brilliant marks in my MA programme in Translation and took other university-level courses to learn this trade. During my 13 years of professional experience, including 16 months with the said Platform, I have worked for many years for multinational companies with high quality requirements. All these companies submitted me to rigorous tests before recruiting me. Apart from racism, I am persecuted because of my skills. They actually know my value but their harmful actions are motivated by biases. Given my profile, which they can see online, can they reasonably doubt my skills after 16 months of working with me, all the more as I have 100% in their performance indicators? Moreover, several times my Internet connection and power have been cut off at my home to prevent me from delivering their projects on time. These methods were also used by the French company that I denounced in previous posts.

For those who want more details, the French company is a subsidiary of a British multinational based in Maidenhead. It publishes very popular computer-assisted translation software and is a partner of Proz.com. After my complaint, received in January 2020, it moved its headquarters from Bagnolet to Paris (France). As a result, it is no longer under the jurisdiction of the Bobigny Tribunal Judiciaire where the complaint was received. I have no news of this complaint so far. In September 2019, I filed a complaint against my bank and my landlady in a civil court in the State of Sao Paulo, for falsification of my address and wrongful eviction from my home respectively, without any results. The other complaint, which relates the whole international conspiracy, with more than 50 pieces of evidence, is at the Federal Public Prosecutor's Office.

I invite souls of good will to help me. I have disclosed my identity here on Proz.com and you can contact me privately. Since 2015, I have been fighting against a big global machine. It persecutes me wherever I have interests. My payments have often been delayed both in Brazil and Cameroon to prevent me from solving urgent problems. They disguise their harmful actions behind pretexts like the Bank and the Platform do. By the same method, I was subtly excluded from the Portuguese as a Foreign Language Programme at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) in 2016 (because I was planning to go to what they call a 'first world' country). In fact, they usually take measures that target me and generalise them to avoid being unmasked. But no crime is perfect. That's why I was able to have pieces of evidence that allowed me to file complaints. My next step will be the media.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How Legal Are Electronic Agreements/Contracts Used By Some Outsourcers?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »