nrgetic
nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:15
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 29, 2020

Hello,

Could anybody help with this matter? I have a client who needs to produce some legal documents (deed of a company and company registry certificate) in a Senegal's government authority. Do you know what it is required for translated documents to be accepted in Senegal? Do they need to be certified just by a normal translator stating that the translation is true or they need to be sworn somehow? Are there sworn translators in Senegal?

Many thanks in advance for you
... See more
Hello,

Could anybody help with this matter? I have a client who needs to produce some legal documents (deed of a company and company registry certificate) in a Senegal's government authority. Do you know what it is required for translated documents to be accepted in Senegal? Do they need to be certified just by a normal translator stating that the translation is true or they need to be sworn somehow? Are there sworn translators in Senegal?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Natalia
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:15
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Embassy Jan 30, 2020

What I would suggest is calling the Embassy of Senegal in Madrid.

https://www.embassypages.com/senegal-embassy-madrid-spain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Requirements for legal translations in Senegal

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »