PLEASE fix the broken New/Old ProZ.com term search interface! (Staff: "On the agenda")
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:09
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2020

Could you guys PLEASE (!) fix the new ProZ.com term search?

I very often still can't find things using the new system that the old system can find.

As I have said many times now: either
1. get rid of one and fix/improve the remaining one, or if that's not possible,
2. create a new, Third Search UI, which actually uses the two we now have in the background, and then aggregates the results into a single search UI.

Having two, and alway
... See more
Could you guys PLEASE (!) fix the new ProZ.com term search?

I very often still can't find things using the new system that the old system can find.

As I have said many times now: either
1. get rid of one and fix/improve the remaining one, or if that's not possible,
2. create a new, Third Search UI, which actually uses the two we now have in the background, and then aggregates the results into a single search UI.

Having two, and always needing to check the other one if you can't find something is ANNOYING.

~

my latest bungled search attempt:

search for: ripgaren (Dutch>English)

https://www.proz.com/search/?es=1&restore_default_settings=1 (new: ZERO RESULTS)
https://www.proz.com/search/ (old= 1 RESULT)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2020-01-13 15:57 GMT]
Collapse

Abdallah Saeed
Thomas Pfann
Philip Lees
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:09
SITE FOUNDER
It is on the agenda Jan 13, 2020

Hi Michael,

I took note of your request in the recent KudoZ thread. I understand your frustration. It is on the agenda for this year... I can't say right now which month.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:09
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Henry, Jan 13, 2020

Henry Dotterer wrote:

Hi Michael,

I took note of your request in the recent KudoZ thread. I understand your frustration. It is on the agenda for this year... I can't say right now which month.

… much appreciated!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PLEASE fix the broken New/Old ProZ.com term search interface! (Staff: "On the agenda")

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »