Why can't I ask more than 3 KudoZ questions today 25th December?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 02:48
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 25, 2019

When I was going to ask my 4th question today, 25th December, I received the message that Asking limit reached. Even though I have only asked 3 questions today and closed most previous questions. Why? What is the problem, why can't I ask more than 3 questions today at KudoZ?

Then when sending a support request to ProZ.com, I received this message (while being connected to internet through a VPN):

We're sorry, but your IP address has been reported as malicious

... See more
When I was going to ask my 4th question today, 25th December, I received the message that Asking limit reached. Even though I have only asked 3 questions today and closed most previous questions. Why? What is the problem, why can't I ask more than 3 questions today at KudoZ?

Then when sending a support request to ProZ.com, I received this message (while being connected to internet through a VPN):

We're sorry, but your IP address has been reported as malicious

I disconnected from the VPN, and could then send my support request to ProZ.com. I tried asking a KudoZ question again, this time with VPN disconnected, but received the same message that Asking limit reached.

I am logged in all the time, using my ProZ.com account I have used since 2009. Am using the same computer as usual.
Collapse

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Limits Dec 25, 2019

I don't remember the details, but isn't there also a weekly limit in addition to a daily limit? Perhaps that is the reason.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
KudoZ FAQ Dec 25, 2019

https://www.proz.com/faq/terminology_term_help/kudoz/asking.html#is_there_a_limit_on_the_number_of_questions_that_i_can_ask_

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 02:48
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have not exceeded the weekly limit either Dec 25, 2019

It can't be the weekly limit either, it's perhaps 6 more questions I've asked lately besides the 3 questions today.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:48
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
24-hour limit Dec 26, 2019

I think the answer is probably there. You can ask 5 questions in any 24-hour period. You, OP, asked 3 times on 24/12 and 3 on 25/12. I expect you just had to wait a few hours or even a few minutes bwfore posting another question.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:48
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Members can ask 15 per day Dec 27, 2019

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I think the answer is probably there. You can ask 5 questions in any 24-hour period. You, OP, asked 3 times on 24/12 and 3 on 25/12. I expect you just had to wait a few hours or even a few minutes bwfore posting another question.

The OP seems to be a paying member. In which case "If you are member, you can ask fifteen (15). "

Sheila Wilson

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:48
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Try logging out and back in Dec 27, 2019

It seems you have not reached any of your limits, so my bet is that it is likely to be a technical issue, perhaps related to your VPN setup (i.e. servers and services that you are going through). Have you tried logging out of Proz (on all your devices) and then logging back in?

Sheila Wilson

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Hope you don't mind my saying this, but... Dec 28, 2019

You've asked a huge number of questions. Why not make it your new year's resolution to answer a few, so that you're giving as well as taking?

[Edited at 2019-12-28 07:16 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Kay Denney

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Zudoku Dec 28, 2019

It's just Xmass--no more silly questions, please!

Jokes apart, it's not the right way to treat a privileged (paying) member.

Proz, if a client wants a little more, he should get it asap--on your terms or as as incentives.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can't I ask more than 3 KudoZ questions today 25th December?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »