Interpretation project offered by a translation company in Taiwan.
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 10:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2020

Dear colleagues from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and colleagues in other Chinese speaking countries,

I hope you are doing well in your countries and I hope that the problem with The Corona Virus will be resolved soon. I'm an interpreter and translator based in The United States. I need your help and cooperation.

I'm writing to you because I was offered a Spanish-English interpretation project from a company in Taipei,Taiwan. I responded to this company around 5 days ago bu
... See more
Dear colleagues from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and colleagues in other Chinese speaking countries,

I hope you are doing well in your countries and I hope that the problem with The Corona Virus will be resolved soon. I'm an interpreter and translator based in The United States. I need your help and cooperation.

I'm writing to you because I was offered a Spanish-English interpretation project from a company in Taipei,Taiwan. I responded to this company around 5 days ago but I haven't heard back from them. Do you know if the offices are closed these days because there is a holiday in Taiwan or due to other reason?

Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia
Collapse

Susanne Ganz
Susanne Ganz  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 22:34
Member (2009)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Some office work suspended because of coronavirus Feb 11, 2020

Here in Taiwan there is no public holiday this week but some companies decided to let their employees work from home instead of working at the office because of the coronavirus outbreak.

David Lin

Laurent Mercky
Laurent Mercky
France
Local time: 15:34
Chinese to French
+ ...
No holidays Feb 11, 2020

Hi

Translation agencies in Taiwan are opened normally, in spite of the coronavirus.
More, Lunar New Year holidays have just finished several days ago, so people are working as always.
You could send them a message, asking them if they have duly received your proposal and if there is a need or not to make a translation trial, I'm sure agencies will give you some reply.
Generally speaking, when the document will be ready, they will contact you anyway.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 22:34
Chinese to English
+ ...
Probably... Feb 12, 2020

I think it's quite likely that your rate wasn't in the same zip code as their budget.

David Lin
Laurent Mercky
LIZ LI

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My apologies for my delay to reply to your message. Feb 13, 2020

Dear colleagues from Taiwan and other contries of Asia,
Thanks for replying to my forum post. I will reply to you soon.
I had a medical procedure around 2 days ago.
Best regards,
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Miss Susanne Feb 13, 2020

Hi Susanne,
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean some of the translation companies are closed because of the corona virus?
Is this also happening in Taiwan?
Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Lauren. Feb 13, 2020

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your reply. They have not responded to my messages. This is an interpretation assignment so I don't think they will have translation test. Are the employees working in home because of the virus?
Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Lincoln. Feb 13, 2020

Hi Lincoln,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. They accepted my interpreter rate but they have not get back to me about that interpretation assignment It's very strange.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia

Mina Chen
Mina Chen  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Check spam box or send another email Feb 13, 2020

It happened to me quite often, that regular emails went to the spam folder.
If you don't find anything there, it is ok to send an inquiry!
Good luck!

Laurent Mercky
Laurent Mercky
France
Local time: 15:34
Chinese to French
+ ...
mayn factors are possible Feb 13, 2020

yugoslavia wrote:

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your reply. They have not responded to my messages. This is an interpretation assignment so I don't think they will have translation test. Are the employees working in home because of the virus?
Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia

Many factors are quite possible for explaining their silence.
Or maybe it's just a question of interpretation rate, schedule or maybe, you know, office ladies have notified their client of their choice concerning you, but finally the client was not satisfied and so on.
Sometimes, clients have different opinions and considerations.
But anyway, you are right, the coronavirus has a deep impact on the global economy, so maybe too, the client has just cancelled the case.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Feb 14, 2020

Dear colleagues from Taiwan and other contries of Asia,
Thanks for replying to my forum post. I will reply to you soon. I'm sorry about the delay. I had a translation project and I was also getting my physical therapy session.
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Lauren. Feb 14, 2020

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your response. Can you please write me directly to my profile?
I would like to ask you something important.
Kid regards,
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Feb 14, 2020

Hi Mina,
Thanks for letting me know. Is any way to know if they have at least read my email messages?
Can you please write me directly to my profile? I would like to ask you something important.
Kind regards,
Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kind regards. Feb 16, 2020

HI,
I'M SORRY. I MEAN TO SAY" KIND REGARDS""
I MADE A TYPO.
YUGOSLAVIA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation project offered by a translation company in Taiwan.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »