Thread poster: Svetlana Baranova
Svetlana Baranova
Svetlana Baranova
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:26
English to Russian
Dec 25, 2019

Hello!

Could anyone help me with a rather annoying issue with Smartling? I often work with large projects containing multiple pages in Smartling, and I don't understand what sorting principle is used in its web editor. It often changes string order when I move between pages. Moreover, when I log out and then back in, string order changes again. Sometimes it's possible to restore previous string order by refreshing, but often it doesn't help.

I know that I can sort strin
... See more
Hello!

Could anyone help me with a rather annoying issue with Smartling? I often work with large projects containing multiple pages in Smartling, and I don't understand what sorting principle is used in its web editor. It often changes string order when I move between pages. Moreover, when I log out and then back in, string order changes again. Sometimes it's possible to restore previous string order by refreshing, but often it doesn't help.

I know that I can sort strings alphabetically or by length, but it isn't an option when there are strings that form some meaningful cluster together.

This constant string re-sorting is a big issue when working with a large project because I have to recheck all pages multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything. Sometimes new strings appear on the previous pages that I've already looked through.

Could someone possibly help me to solve this issue?
Thank you!
Collapse

Kardi Kho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Smartling: string sorting in web editor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »