Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:27
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
May 16, 2020

Hello caffeine addicts,

I have a recurring problem in CTE. When an expression in the source segment is followed by a reference, it is not recognized and the corresponding entry is not shown in the glossaries. For instance, if I have

prophylaxis11

which correspond in the source document to the word "prophylaxis" followed by a 1 in superscript (reférence to a bibliographic item)

The entry "prophylaxis" of my medical glossary does not show up.... See more
Hello caffeine addicts,

I have a recurring problem in CTE. When an expression in the source segment is followed by a reference, it is not recognized and the corresponding entry is not shown in the glossaries. For instance, if I have

prophylaxis11

which correspond in the source document to the word "prophylaxis" followed by a 1 in superscript (reférence to a bibliographic item)

The entry "prophylaxis" of my medical glossary does not show up.

Is there any way to tell CTE "consider tags as spaces and identify the bits in-between", or something similar?

Best.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Longtime request May 16, 2020

Nicolas Gambardella wrote:

Is there any way to tell CTE "consider tags as spaces and identify the bits in-between", or something similar?

This has been a longtime request from Torsten, an enthusiastic user of CafeTran Espresso, who past away too soon, last year.

If you have really, really many of these superscripts (or any other combinations of terms with surrounding tags preventing term recognition), you can use a bilingual table as a workaround:

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 12.55.00

Add the pipe to this field:

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 13.03.49

In the bilingual table, propagate the second column and hide the first one. Select the second column and remove the red colour from the pipes (select column, assign font colour Red, then change to Automatic).

Create a new project from the bilingual table. Now the term is being recognised:

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 13.04.29

As you can see: a lot of steps, that are only worthwhile in large projects.

[Edited at 2020-05-16 11:11 GMT]

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:27
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Prefix matching May 16, 2020

Hello Nicolas,

To improve terms recognition, try to activate the prefix matching in Edit > Preferences > Glossary tab. Check if it helps after restating CTE.

Nicolas Gambardella

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Introducing fuzziness May 16, 2020

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hello Nicolas,

To improve terms recognition, try to activate the prefix matching in Edit > Preferences > Glossary tab. Check if it helps after restating CTE.

Note that this will introduce fuzziness in term recognition. Maybe you don’t want that, if you rely heavily on auto-assembling.

[Edited at 2020-05-16 13:39 GMT]

Nicolas Gambardella
Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:27
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! May 16, 2020

Thank you guys. For the time being, Igor's solution works well. I will keep in mind the fuzziness going forward and be attentive to the impact on auto-assembly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tags (and/or references) preclude glossary recognition

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »