Thread poster: Nohora Groce
Nohora Groce
Nohora Groce  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 9, 2020

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I had CafeTran free version and I downloaded an update, after following the instructions it said that the updates are only for the paid versions and after that my old version stopped working. I uninstalled and download again but it is not working. When I start a new project and try to open a file to translate it doesn't work .... it doesn't bring the information contained in the document. I tried with many documents and is always the same. I don't know what to ... See more
Hello. I hope someone can help me. I had CafeTran free version and I downloaded an update, after following the instructions it said that the updates are only for the paid versions and after that my old version stopped working. I uninstalled and download again but it is not working. When I start a new project and try to open a file to translate it doesn't work .... it doesn't bring the information contained in the document. I tried with many documents and is always the same. I don't know what to do now.....
Please help.

Thanks

Nohora
Collapse

Yaotl Altan

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
  Apr 10, 2020

Hello Nohora,

What is your operating system? Windows, Mac or Linux?

Installation instructions can be found at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/6000232627

Since your issue description is not very specific, I can only offer a general solution. if CafeTran can be launched, I suggest you Reset the Preferences:... See more
Hello Nohora,

What is your operating system? Windows, Mac or Linux?

Installation instructions can be found at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/6000232627

Since your issue description is not very specific, I can only offer a general solution. if CafeTran can be launched, I suggest you Reset the Preferences:

To do so, go to open the Preferences and press the Reset button.

Accessing the Preferences and resetting them is explained here.
Collapse

Nohora Groce

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Hard to say Apr 10, 2020

Nohora Groce wrote:

I uninstalled and download again but it is not working. When I start a new project and try to open a file to translate it doesn't work .... it doesn't bring the information contained in the document.

It's hard to say what's happening. Perhaps you can post some screenshots here via the Upload images feature?

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 10.00.56

BTW: You can make screenshots in Windows by pressing the Windows+PrtScn buttons on your keyboard to save the screen to a file: https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

You can make screenshots on a Mac by pressing Shift+Command+3.

Nohora Groce
Nohora Groce  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IT WORKED Apr 11, 2020

Thanks Dean reseting preferences solved the problem.

Nohora

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran stop working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »