Egypt
Local time: 09:55
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 16, 2021

Hi,

I hope you all are doing well!

One of the translation agencies contacted me and asked me to sign their NDA before starting the work process! After signing it as usual via word edit and send it back in PDF format as I received it! I have received other email says that the NDA must be hand signed then scanned!

Actually, I have no problem regarding that! I'm wondering is there anyone had the same experience?!

Thanks in advance,
Dalia

bris97

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Yes Mar 16, 2021

Yes, I have had to do it a few times

Dalia Nour
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
ahartje
IrinaN
Bajram Djambazi

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:55
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Dalia Mar 16, 2021

Dalia Nour wrote:
After signing it as usual via Word edit and sending it back in PDF format as I received it, I have received other email says that the NDA must be hand signed then scanned!

This is, in fact, the usual way. If an agency allows you to send them a "signed" Word file (printed to PDF), then that's nice, but hand signing and scanning (or taking a photo) is actually the usual way to do it.

Dalia Nour
Nora Escoms
Josephine Cassar
Jessica Noyes
Emanuele Vacca
ahartje
Miranda Drew

Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Chris! Mar 16, 2021

Chris S wrote:

Yes, I have had to do it a few times

Christopher Schröder

Dalia Nour
Egypt
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Samuel! Mar 16, 2021

T
Samuel Murray wrote:

Dalia Nour wrote:
After signing it as usual via Word edit and sending it back in PDF format as I received it, I have received other email says that the NDA must be hand signed then scanned!

This is, in fact, the usual way. If an agency allows you to send them a "signed" Word file (printed to PDF), then that's nice, but hand signing and scanning (or taking a photo) is actually the usual way to do it.

Actually, their request looks logic but I was confused because it's the first company that asked me that!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:55
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Not a PDF? Mar 16, 2021

A Word file is strange as you could just edit the whole thing very easily before signing it. The ones I've received recently have been PDFs. I've stored my name and signature in Adobe Reader (the free version) and so I just "sign" and date the PDF and send it off.

Yolanda Broad
Laurent Di Raimondo
Dalia Nour
Aakash5555
Elizabeth Adams
Laura Kingdon
philgoddard

Dalia Nour
Egypt
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's in PDF! Mar 17, 2021

Sheila Wilson wrote:

A Word file is strange as you could just edit the whole thing very easily before signing it. The ones I've received recently have been PDFs. I've stored my name and signature in Adobe Reader (the free version) and so I just "sign" and date the PDF and send it off.

It's in PDF format, but I usually convert the PDFs into Word files to be able to edit the required information and sign them then convert them back into PDFs! It's a good idea to store my name and signature in Adobe reader because that will save time and effort! Will this be "authorized digital signature"? May I ask you how can I make an authorized digital signature?

Thank you!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:55
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I don't know about it being authorised or not Mar 17, 2021

Dalia Nour wrote:
Will this be "authorized digital signature"? May I ask you how can I make an authorized digital signature?

I don't know about that. But it's a feature provided by Adobe. It must be about as official as printing it out and then scanning it back in.

Angie Garbarino
Dalia Nour

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 01:55
Dutch to English
+ ...
Waste Mar 17, 2021

What bothers me about it is the waste of paper. Many are seven or eight pages long. My name goes on the first page and my signature on the last page. I print and scan the whole document and then those seven or eight pages can go in the recycling bin. I have also received three-page NDAs that still said everything that needed to be said. Why can't they all be more succinct like that?

Elizabeth Adams
Dalia Nour
Zibow Retailleau
philgoddard

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
I tried scanning Mar 24, 2021

It was fugly.

I took a screenshot and stylused in the signature instead on my Note 9.

Much better.

Dalia Nour

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:55
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I only print the last page Mar 24, 2021

Tina Vonhof wrote:

What bothers me about it is the waste of paper. Many are seven or eight pages long. My name goes on the first page and my signature on the last page. I print and scan the whole document and then those seven or eight pages can go in the recycling bin. I have also received three-page NDAs that still said everything that needed to be said. Why can't they all be more succinct like that?

I only print the last page with the signature, not the whole document. The front page can be typed.
I have an Acrobat (not the free reader), which can then add the signed and scanned page to the other pages in the PDF.

All the paper I use is as environment friendly as possible - recycled or sustainably sourced from managed forests. Electronic devices also have an environmental impact, so I use paper when it suits me.

The signed sheet goes on my pile for private use - notes, shopping lists, all sorts of things. I can't do without paper. I shred sensitive documents, but most of my paper goes for recycling again - 'clean paper' is collected at the local recycling centre.

Zibow Retailleau
Dalia Nour

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NDA must be hand signed then scanned!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »