How to issue invoices via Spain's FACe electronic invoicing portal?! Help!
Thread poster: Anna Moorby DipTrans
Anna Moorby DipTrans
Anna Moorby DipTrans  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 10, 2021

I am based in the UK and have been working with Spanish clients for many years now. Some of the universities have now signed up to the Spanish Government's FACe electronic invoicing portal and are now requiring me to issue electronic invoices.
But it seems you need to have a digital certificate, and the only way I can see to get one that works is by having a Spanish ID number or tax code, which obviously I don't have as I am registered in the UK.
Have found a few companies that act
... See more
I am based in the UK and have been working with Spanish clients for many years now. Some of the universities have now signed up to the Spanish Government's FACe electronic invoicing portal and are now requiring me to issue electronic invoices.
But it seems you need to have a digital certificate, and the only way I can see to get one that works is by having a Spanish ID number or tax code, which obviously I don't have as I am registered in the UK.
Have found a few companies that act as intermediaries but they mostly work for large businesses and are looking for $1500 to set up an invoicing system.
Is anyone having to go through this red tape from somewhere outside of Spain? Have you managed to solve it?!
Thanks so much in advance for any pearls of wisdom.
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:36
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
It is difficult even if you have a digital certificate Feb 13, 2021

Their online digital certificate software is user hostile and is difficult to use, once you get your digital certificate.

I actually got access once but after a lot of struggle.

But to your point, you might have to use that third party if you can't get a Spanish ID. Getting a Spanish ID shouldn't be terribly difficult, but the process could take 4-6 months.

[Edited at 2021-02-13 09:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to issue invoices via Spain's FACe electronic invoicing portal?! Help!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »