Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:50
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 19, 2017

Merhaba!

Benim adim Clarisa, Arjentinliyim ve çevirmen. Ben Turkçe bilimiyorum! (Ben Arjerntin'da Turkçe çalışiyorum)
Ben Türk çevirmenler tanışmak istiyorum ve Powwow Istanbulda düzenleyorum!

My apologies if my Turkish is so limited, but It's very hard for me to learn it! I would like you to join my powwow! The following week (third week of August) I'm planning to go to Izmir... if someone lives there, I will really enjoy meeting you for bir kah
... See more
Merhaba!

Benim adim Clarisa, Arjentinliyim ve çevirmen. Ben Turkçe bilimiyorum! (Ben Arjerntin'da Turkçe çalışiyorum)
Ben Türk çevirmenler tanışmak istiyorum ve Powwow Istanbulda düzenleyorum!

My apologies if my Turkish is so limited, but It's very hard for me to learn it! I would like you to join my powwow! The following week (third week of August) I'm planning to go to Izmir... if someone lives there, I will really enjoy meeting you for bir kahve veya çai! Ispanyolca, Ingilizce, Fransizca ve Italyanca biliyorum.

http://www.proz.com/powwow/6394?_click_=Y29tbWVudGluZ2ZlYXR1cmU6OTIw

http://www.proz.com/forum/powwows/316013-powwow_istanbul_turkey.html

Teşekkürler!

I'm updating my post as. please apologies for my mistake, I had wrongly written "second" instead of "third", I counted wrong!

Clarisa

[Edited at 2017-06-19 22:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-06-20 16:35 GMT]
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:50
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Hello from Izmir! Jun 20, 2017

Dear Clarisa,

It is so nice to hear from you. There is a bunch of translators (including myself) living in Izmir. We tried to organize Powwows in the past couple of years but could not manage to gather in Izmir. I hope we can get together this time.

I have never been to South America but I know it is lovely there. Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Columbia all sound exciting to me. You are lucky to live in Argentina. Hope to see you in Izmir soon.

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Izmir!! Lovely! Jun 20, 2017

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Dear Clarisa,

It is so nice to hear from you. There is a bunch of translators (including myself) living in Izmir. We tried to organize Powwows in the past couple of years but could not manage to gather in Izmir. I hope we can get together this time.

I have never been to South America but I know it is lovely there. Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Columbia all sound exciting to me. You are lucky to live in Argentina. Hope to see you in Izmir soon.

Dear Atil, Merhaba!

In fact I'm going to Manisa this August 23th, and back to Istanbul on August 28th! Nevertheless, I've been invited to Ramazan Bayram in a town near Manisa, thus I don't think I will be able to go to Izmir in June. Initially, my plans were to come back to Turkey on August 8th (a 31 hours train from Villach (Austria) to Edirne!), to spend a couple of days in Istanbul and them going to Izmir, where I would take a week of Turkish lessons... Nevertheless, today I got an email from Optima trains informing me that they have changed the schedule, thus I don't known when I will be back in Turkey, and all my plans are changing!

I will update my time schedule in Turkey as soon as I have more news! I would like to visit my colleages from Izmir too!

Apologies for not writing in Turkish. My Turkish language is poor! Not even "biraz Turkçe!".

Clarisa

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When in Izmir? Jul 3, 2017

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Dear Clarisa,

Merhaba, Atil

I'm back! Now I know that I will be in Turkey (Edirne, on the 14th August, and I'm proposing a powwow in Istanbul during the weekend of 19th August. It could be 18, 19 or 20... But I'm also planning to visit other places in Turkey, and one of it might be Izmir. Perhaps we can meet there for a coffee, or a cay!

What do you think?

Clarisa

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
August in Izmir Jul 4, 2017

Dear Clarisa,

It is a terrific idea. However, I am not 100 % in Izmir in August. I go to my hometown BARTIN every summer, and stay there for a few weeks. I do not know exactly when I will do that this year. Even if I might not be in Izmir, there will be other folks who will be in Izmir. I suggest we continue communicating here at ProZ.

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pasting my Turkish language post! Jul 8, 2017

Dear colleagues

Unfortunately, and after many changes, the train company cancelled the train to Turkey, thus my plans changed. I would not be much time in Turkey before going back to my country, Argentina. I would really loved to enjoy some nice time with you, but I also think that things happen for some (unknown) reason. I'm still studying Turkish (now I can understand some more words while watching Çalıkuşu at Netflix), I'm Beşiktaş supporter (my apologies to Fenerbahçer fa
... See more
Dear colleagues

Unfortunately, and after many changes, the train company cancelled the train to Turkey, thus my plans changed. I would not be much time in Turkey before going back to my country, Argentina. I would really loved to enjoy some nice time with you, but I also think that things happen for some (unknown) reason. I'm still studying Turkish (now I can understand some more words while watching Çalıkuşu at Netflix), I'm Beşiktaş supporter (my apologies to Fenerbahçer fans), and I still have many places to visit in Turkey in the future.
If you ever decide to visit Argentina, please fell free to visit me. And if you need it, I have an extra room for any of you.
I've spent a lovely time in Turkey.
Teşekkürler!

Clarisa

P.D. Dear Atil, I apologize for not being able to reply you earlier but all those changes in my travel didn't allow me to think a lot. I'm sure we will meet each other, and perhaps we could organize a nice powwow in Izmir in the future!

Kind regards

Clarisa
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
Kaş, Antalya Jul 8, 2017

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

Dear colleagues

Unfortunately, and after many changes, the train company cancelled the train to Turkey, thus my plans changed. I would not be much time in Turkey before going back to my country, Argentina. I would really loved to enjoy some nice time with you, but I also think that things happen for some (unknown) reason. I'm still studying Turkish (now I can understand some more words while watching Çalıkuşu at Netflix), I'm Beşiktaş supporter (my apologies to Fenerbahçer fans), and I still have many places to visit in Turkey in the future.
If you ever decide to visit Argentina, please fell free to visit me. And if you need it, I have an extra room for any of you.
I've spent a lovely time in Turkey.
Teşekkürler!

Clarisa

P.D. Dear Atil, I apologize for not being able to reply you earlier but all those changes in my travel didn't allow me to think a lot. I'm sure we will meet each other, and perhaps we could organize a nice powwow in Izmir in the future!

Kind regards

Clarisa

Dear Clarisa,

I live in Kaş, Antalya. If you happen to pass by Kaş, I'd be happy to meet

I am learning Spanish and we might exchange emails in Turkish and Spanish

Best,
Elif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Istanbul powwow!

Translation news in Türkiye

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »