Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:23
English to German
+ ...
Options Jan 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Bernhard Sulzer wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions Lianne, but ...

I want to know what the quickest way is to receive technical support - directly from the company that makes Studio. Shouldn't that be included in the price? I tried out Studio 2017 for the last 30 days and I ran into many problems that I never had with the version I bought back in 2009 and still use.

Bernard, for direct support from SDL, you can go to https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity

Thanks, Lianne, I have tried the forums - no direct answers for my problems there - and I even was in contact with someone who asked about my experience with the new version about 2 weeks ago. But my problem arose when that person went on vacation - he won't be back until the 16th of January, and I was directed by his auto reply to https://gateway.sdl.com/webtocase
On that page, they mention you can use an active support and maintenance agreement/contract (click here it says and a link is provided) - which I no longer have because my version (2009) is no longer supported. You can buy a new contract so it says and a link is provided too (but I won't do that because I am trying out the new version first). Or you can log a case from the page (see link above) but possible subjects only seem to be "installation problem" or "license problem." I went ahead and filled one out now and submitted it anyway. Let's see what happens. According to the submission confirmation message, one might have to wait 2 days unless it seems urgent to them, then it might only take one day.
Needless to say, it was a pain in my b... to finish the project.

[Edited at 2017-01-12 14:58 GMT]

Kamil Gałczyński
Kamil Gałczyński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:23
German to Polish
... Jan 12, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Let me point out that Trados Studio is a Windows Forms application, which makes the production of colour themes very time-consuming.

So what? We've paid for this time-cosuming! I want to to have black theme like in old Studio 2011! And moreover: I want to have old visible icons from Studio 2011, because the newer are simply ugly, flat and practically invisible!

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:23
English to German
+ ...
Answer from forum Jan 12, 2017

I received some suggestions from the forum today. Paul always is great when it comes to reacting. Not sure though if the antivirus is the issue slowing things down. I will try the same file out with my old version and see if I have the same problems.

Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 01:23
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Drag&Drop Jan 13, 2017

The Home screen is supposed to show DD feature but not in mine. This is ridiculous. I appreciate it if the SDL team could suggest a fix? This product is not providing what the ad said in the first place and I am getting frustrated from day 1 with new 2017!

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:23
English to Arabic
Drag and Drop Jan 13, 2017

Hio Chie,

When you open Studio (welcome) you should see the following-

drag and drop

If not- can you post a screen shot please and send your last order number (via PM) please.

Kr
Steve

Pawel Mazur
Pawel Mazur  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:23
English to Polish
+ ...
No Black theme + no fix for do the issue with Office 365 = no reason to upgrade from Trados 2015 Jan 13, 2017

For me, the black theme (that Kamil mentioned a few posts ago) would be one of the main reason to upgrade from Trados 2015 to 2017. But as I see, SDL doesn’t care… After all, as they offer these sickening bright themes, it would be a matter of 5 minutes or so to add a few more lines of similar code. It would be even easier than overcoming another infuriating problem that I have with Trados 2015: the MS Office spellchecker and live preview don’t work if you have installed Office using the c... See more
For me, the black theme (that Kamil mentioned a few posts ago) would be one of the main reason to upgrade from Trados 2015 to 2017. But as I see, SDL doesn’t care… After all, as they offer these sickening bright themes, it would be a matter of 5 minutes or so to add a few more lines of similar code. It would be even easier than overcoming another infuriating problem that I have with Trados 2015: the MS Office spellchecker and live preview don’t work if you have installed Office using the click2run feature (=Office365), and not the standalone installer.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 is here - Designed to make the difference

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »