Trados 2014 problem - shift key and caps lock switch on and off at random
Thread poster: Nicolas Hall
Nicolas Hall
Nicolas Hall
Local time: 10:05
Dutch to English
Feb 25, 2014

Hi all,

I've been working with Trados FL Suite for a week now, and it's been working fine, but I have a minor problem, which is actually taking me a lot of time to correct.

When I select a piece of text, the programme keeps deselecting it half way through, as if I had released the SHIFT key. I thought I was developing a problem with my fingers, but it only happens in Trados.

I have a similar problem with CAPS LOCK. It appears to switch itself on and off at
... See more
Hi all,

I've been working with Trados FL Suite for a week now, and it's been working fine, but I have a minor problem, which is actually taking me a lot of time to correct.

When I select a piece of text, the programme keeps deselecting it half way through, as if I had released the SHIFT key. I thought I was developing a problem with my fingers, but it only happens in Trados.

I have a similar problem with CAPS LOCK. It appears to switch itself on and off at random. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'd be so grateful for any help you might be able to offer! It is driving me round the bend...

Thanks in advance!

Nick
Collapse

Yulia Tsybysheva BA MSc MCIL
Yulia Tsybysheva BA MSc MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Russian
+ ...
Caps Lock, yes Feb 25, 2014

Hi Nicolas,

I've had a similar issue, but only with CAPS LOCK, I haven't had time to investigate and thought that maybe I was typing too fast and hitting it accidentally. However, I noticed it happened with some files, but not with others. Hm, I wonder what it might be.

Nicolas Hall
Nicolas Hall
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
CAPS LOCK on in Trados, but not on rest of computer Feb 26, 2014

Thanks for your rely Julia!

The problem seems to be getting worse, and is seriously affecting the speed with which I can translate in Trados 2014. It keeps going into capitals, but then CAPS LOCK is actually still switched off. It's as if I am accidentally holding the SHIFT key.

I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas you might have!

[Edited at 2014-02-26 19:03 GMT]

Nicolas Hall
Nicolas Hall
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not a common problem? Mar 5, 2014

The problem still persists... Any thoughts anyone?

celoudin
celoudin
Australia
Local time: 21:05
English to French
+ ...
similar issue here, including the Ctrl key Aug 14, 2017

Hello Nicolas, I was wondering if the problem had been resolved on your side.

I am using Trados Studio 2015, and both the shift and Ctrl keys, and the caps lock switch on and off randomly. This means that various Trados functions using the shift and/or Ctrl keys shortcuts activate while I'm typing (especially Ctrl A and running preview). And disabling the preview shortcut just doesn't work... The only "solution" is for me to type extremely slowly. At times, if I close and reopen Tr
... See more
Hello Nicolas, I was wondering if the problem had been resolved on your side.

I am using Trados Studio 2015, and both the shift and Ctrl keys, and the caps lock switch on and off randomly. This means that various Trados functions using the shift and/or Ctrl keys shortcuts activate while I'm typing (especially Ctrl A and running preview). And disabling the preview shortcut just doesn't work... The only "solution" is for me to type extremely slowly. At times, if I close and reopen Trados, the issue disappears momentarily, until it restarts, again and again. This is driving me nuts

[Modifié le 2017-08-14 04:43 GMT]

[Modifié le 2017-08-14 04:44 GMT]
Collapse

Romualdas Zvonkus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 problem - shift key and caps lock switch on and off at random

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »