Thread poster: Tatiana Ramputh
Tatiana Ramputh
Tatiana Ramputh  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:51
French to English
+ ...
Feb 12, 2017

I received an email from an agency to send my updated resume and so on as they were expecting to get large volumes for Marketing EN> FR-Ca.
However when I looked up on blue board, that agency has been banned from posting on Proz.com since 2013. But how come they still have 5 stars rating showing after that for LWA?

Am I wrong to thinking this is suspicious? And if that cagency has been banned why can't I mention its name?

Agency is based in UK and I was contacted
... See more
I received an email from an agency to send my updated resume and so on as they were expecting to get large volumes for Marketing EN> FR-Ca.
However when I looked up on blue board, that agency has been banned from posting on Proz.com since 2013. But how come they still have 5 stars rating showing after that for LWA?

Am I wrong to thinking this is suspicious? And if that cagency has been banned why can't I mention its name?

Agency is based in UK and I was contacted on a Sunday. Just seems a bit to good to be true.

Thanks for your input.

Tatiana
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
This is rather simple Feb 12, 2017

Hi Tatiana,

This is rather simple: the agency has been banned some time ago due to multiple cases of non-payment, and even if they continue getting multiple "5" from translators, they will be still banned in case they have non-closed non-payments. In this case they are not allowed to post jobs through ProZ.com, and if they do this, they violate the job posting rules.

You should report this to the site staff.

Natalia

Tatiana Ramputh
Tatiana Ramputh  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:51
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 12, 2017

I am just surprised that outside of proz.com, there's not one single review on them other than client reviews. not a single freelancer review.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Either way Feb 13, 2017

This is a nonpayment issue, not a scam.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam or not

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »