Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile (beta)
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Milton Guo
Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:55
English to Chinese
+ ...
I am satisfied with this feature Apr 4, 2008

It's useful and a good proof of the work we have done

It's always delighted to receive positive feedback from the customers as I don't work for money only

Andrzej L. Skup
Andrzej L. Skup  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:55
English to Polish
+ ...
An opinion on the WWA option Jul 6, 2008

This option to provide opinions from a translator's client is invaluable for the adepts in the trade. For someone like me, with a 40-year experience, the very fact of making a living off this job spekas by itself; moreover, getting credentials from a client I did work for some 20 or 10 years ago would not be practical (persons in charge may not even remember, changed their responsibilities or their affiliation with the company or the company is no more extant, et.).

Nabil Abdel Ahad
Nabil Abdel Ahad
Local time: 12:55
English to Arabic
completely agreed Jul 6, 2008

Dear Colleague,
I completely agree with you. But, I could not fulfil what you have had. So, could you please kindly tell me what did you do so that I can benefit like you.
Thanks so much
and
Regards,Nabil Abdel Ahad, Senior English and Arabic Translator

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:55
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Information on WWA Jul 7, 2008

Nabil Abdel Ahad wrote:

Dear Colleague,
I completely agree with you. But, I could not fulfil what you have had. So, could you please kindly tell me what did you do so that I can benefit like you.

Dear Nabil,

You could find the information you are looking for at http://www.proz.com/topic/101647

If this were not enough, please submit a support ticket at http://www.proz.com/support

Best regards,
Enrique Cavalitto

Nabil Abdel Ahad
Nabil Abdel Ahad
English to Arabic
Greetings and many thanks Jul 7, 2008

Dear Enrique Cavalitto,
Thanks so much my dear for your kind response and praiseworthy help. May Allah (God) the Almighty bless you and your life. I may go back to you when I need more support.
With my kindest regards and best wishes,Nabil

Nguyen Qui Phuong (X)
Nguyen Qui Phuong (X)
Vietnam
Local time: 17:55
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
I have not got any outsourcer at all. How? Mar 11, 2009

How can i request WWA entries if I have just joined this website but have not got any outsourcer at all?

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Outsourcers and WWA feedback Mar 11, 2009

Hi Nguyen, please receive my warm welcome to ProZ.com and to its forums. I hope you will enjoy being part of this vibrant community and will find appropriate tools and opportunities here.

You can request WWA entries from outsourcers you have worked for even if you did not meet them through this site, provided that they have a ProZ.com profile.

You can also invite former outsourcers to create such a profile in order to become part of the community and, also, to provide
... See more
Hi Nguyen, please receive my warm welcome to ProZ.com and to its forums. I hope you will enjoy being part of this vibrant community and will find appropriate tools and opportunities here.

You can request WWA entries from outsourcers you have worked for even if you did not meet them through this site, provided that they have a ProZ.com profile.

You can also invite former outsourcers to create such a profile in order to become part of the community and, also, to provide you with feedback.

If this proves impossible, then you will need to wait until you work for a registered outsourcer before you get WWA feedback.

Kind regards from rainy La Plata, Argentina
Enrique
Collapse

Binh Nguyen Van
Binh Nguyen Van
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Thanks you May 1, 2009

Thank you so much!
I'm a newbie so it will help me very much.
once again, thanks you

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feedback doubt Dec 5, 2012

Dear,

Do feedback providers need to be sign up at Proz.com? I am a beginner here and most of my work providers arent signed up.

Cheers.
Paulinho Fonseca

[Edited at 2012-12-05 00:14 GMT]

Mohamed Gamal
Mohamed Gamal
Egypt
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
I am agreed with this feature Jul 7, 2013

Henry Dotterer wrote:

Philippe Boucry wrote:

I'm still not in favour of this new feature. I still think that it serves the interests of outsourcers more than it does those of service providers (who don't have anything to hide, unlike what the moderator from Latvia, I think, seems to think). All of which leads me to believe that, unfortunately, this is no longer the ProZ.com I decided to join last year.

BUT...

The manner in which this new feature is now re-introduced is quite an improvement on last month: we are told that it is happening, it is not imposed on us, there is a trial period, the outsourcers' comments are limited, temporarily, and we are invited to comment and make suggestions.

This is very different from what happened last month.

So, thank you, Henry (and site staff) for allowing this to be discussed in a reasonable and reasoned way, the only way that suits the ProZ that we are.

Much appreciated, Philippe. And as I said in closing the last thread, I apologize for the consternation caused by the way in which we (I) released it the first time around. Sorry!

Paolor FAIDANGBRIAYAO
Paolor FAIDANGBRIAYAO  Identity Verified
Laos
Member (2017)
English to Lao
+ ...
Feedback from clients Aug 18, 2017

Hi all, can someone help me out what went wrong? I have some clients already shared their willingness to work with me again, but I got no ideas why all those feedback are invisible to on my page now.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Paolor

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
Maybe Aug 18, 2017

paolor wrote:

Hi all, can someone help me out what went wrong? I have some clients already shared their willingness to work with me again, but I got no ideas why all those feedback are invisible to on my page now.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Paolor

you have erroneously clicked on "Hide from me"option? Sometimes the simplest solution can be the right one.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:55
Member (2008)
Italian to English
No to WWA Aug 18, 2017

I never ask my clients if they would post something in the WWA section. It would only annoy them. I know there are others who feel the same way as I do. For that reason, WWA is not a reliable way of assessing a translator's skills.

More generally, I am not too happy about the effectiveness of these new incentives, pools, TM Town things etc. being introduced by Proz in an attempt to identify the best translators and put them in contact with the most appropriate outsourcers. Not only
... See more
I never ask my clients if they would post something in the WWA section. It would only annoy them. I know there are others who feel the same way as I do. For that reason, WWA is not a reliable way of assessing a translator's skills.

More generally, I am not too happy about the effectiveness of these new incentives, pools, TM Town things etc. being introduced by Proz in an attempt to identify the best translators and put them in contact with the most appropriate outsourcers. Not only do I think they are blunt instruments based on unreliable criteria; I also think they penalise good translators and mislead good outsourcers. I hope there are not going to be too many more of these "innovations".

It is laudable that Proz wants to make the "dating" process work better and more accurately, but in my opinion the process should be based on the quality of actual translations and nothing more. Currently the "portfolio" section of our profiles is the best way of doing that, but improvements are needed, such as:

- the "portfolio" section should be much more prominent than everything else and it should be easy to find
- the translator should be encouraged to regularly update the sample translations in their portfolio
- there should be a little blinking "flag" on the "portfolio" icon to show that it has been updated
- there should be a personal statement at the beginning of the"portfolio" section confirming that all sample translations are the translator's own work
- etc. Others may have other suggestions.
Collapse

Thao Tran

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile (beta)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »