Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:57
French to English
+ ...
Edinburgh Translators' Powwow in October Sep 8, 2015

1st of October, meet us at Bar Hemma from 7.30pm

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross
Türkiye
Turkish to English
Edinburgh Focus Group on Healthcare Interpreting May 27, 2017

Dear fellow interpreters! I am an Edinburgh-educated translator, interpreter and Interpreting Studies scholar, usually based in Istanbul, Turkey. I am currently in Edinburgh to carry out research into the use of telephone interpreting in healthcare settings. With the collaboration of Prof. Claudia Angelelli of Heriot-Watt University and the support of the new Interpretation and Translation Service at NHS Lothian, on the afternoon of Friday 2nd June I will be running a focus group on the subject ... See more
Dear fellow interpreters! I am an Edinburgh-educated translator, interpreter and Interpreting Studies scholar, usually based in Istanbul, Turkey. I am currently in Edinburgh to carry out research into the use of telephone interpreting in healthcare settings. With the collaboration of Prof. Claudia Angelelli of Heriot-Watt University and the support of the new Interpretation and Translation Service at NHS Lothian, on the afternoon of Friday 2nd June I will be running a focus group on the subject of healthcare interpreting, and I am looking for volunteer participants who have experience of healthcare interpreting both face-to-face and over-the-phone. If you would like to help me with my research and enjoy an interesting discussion with other interpreters, as well as delicious refreshments from Turkey (!), please complete the mini survey at the link below:

http://www.surveey.com/SurveyStart.aspx?lang=2&surv=xd2vfum0xlqcbttb7jetzhxmb63cfz23

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan Ross
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile: 07498 349 508
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »