Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:07
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer Apr 7, 2017

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

I'll try to do a few comparisons between using Google Translate via the API (in a CAT tool), and the online interface @ https://translate.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#auto/en/ when I have a moment. I do know that in the past (i.e., before they introduced the neural engines), there was a difference, so I'm curious too.

Hello,

I was just wondering if you had the chance to try the above for comparison?
In the meantime I had a look at the improvements in Dragon with the use of neural nets, very interesting, thanks for this. I know google have a voice recognition plugin (or sort of) for Chrome. The function is embedded in Wordfast Anywhere. I tried it a while ago and was rather impressed too. But I don't know how it compares with Dragon.

All the best,

Fi2 n Co

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google gave their MT a "brain": Google Neural Machine Translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »