[Free Webinar - Thursday!] How to Stop Sabotaging Your 6-figure Success in Under 1 Hour
Thread poster: Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:29
French to English
Oct 25, 2016

I just wanted to invite you to my next FREE webinar this Thursday. Too often, translators are the ones holding themselves back and I’d love to share my story and how you can break through the noise to achieve the success you deserve.

You’ll discover how to:
1) Take your business to 6-figure success immediately by eliminating self-limiting beliefs
2) Squash 4 of the most common toxic beliefs in the translation industry in under 15 minutes
2) Eliminate any additi
... See more
I just wanted to invite you to my next FREE webinar this Thursday. Too often, translators are the ones holding themselves back and I’d love to share my story and how you can break through the noise to achieve the success you deserve.

You’ll discover how to:
1) Take your business to 6-figure success immediately by eliminating self-limiting beliefs
2) Squash 4 of the most common toxic beliefs in the translation industry in under 15 minutes
2) Eliminate any additional self-limiting beliefs that could be damaging your freelance business NOW

Remember, it’s FREE - Thursday 9 AM PDT (12 PM EDT | 5 PM London | 6 PM CEST)
[replay provided]
Click here to register now===>>> http://webinar.successbyrx.com/
This webinar is free but you MUST REGISTER! ⇑⇑⇑⇑⇑
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
A free webinar to make money? Oct 26, 2016

I understand how translators may want to stand out by doing unusual things, but offering a free webinar, workshop or similar methodology to earn money is nothing out of the ordinary.

Sadly, your announcement makes you sound like a snake-oil sales(wo)man, pitching a quick cure-all in a buzzword-plagued pamphlet.

Markus Nystrom
Markus Nystrom  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:29
Swedish to English
+ ...
Sour grapes Oct 26, 2016

I don't understand Mario's comment. It's his business if he wishes to attend the webinar or not. But why poison the waters of someone else's initiative, unless it is purely out of spite for someone he does not even know? Thumbs down, Mario. Thumbs down.

Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:29
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
No, it's a free webinar to help freelancers destroy self-limiting beliefs -- which is powerful Oct 26, 2016

I'm very passionate about helping colleagues through the difficulties that I experienced and I see others experiencing and it is amazingly rewarding to have the opportunity to help freelancers break through those barriers even with just a simple webinar...it's inspiring. That's why I offer help like this free webinar despite the fact that I was once quite shy with a paralyzing amount of stage fright...another barrier I've personally had to overcome to even be able to offer help to others.
... See more
I'm very passionate about helping colleagues through the difficulties that I experienced and I see others experiencing and it is amazingly rewarding to have the opportunity to help freelancers break through those barriers even with just a simple webinar...it's inspiring. That's why I offer help like this free webinar despite the fact that I was once quite shy with a paralyzing amount of stage fright...another barrier I've personally had to overcome to even be able to offer help to others.

It's not meant as a cure-all, but rather the first step off of a plateau or over a barrier that someone's been struggling with, and may not even know it. That first step can do wonders in getting the ball rolling and it has been the sole trigger for many to make rapid changes. I think we all know that we have to work hard, but sometimes, it can feel like no matter how hard we work or what we do, nothing is changing. At least, that's how I once felt. So, I try to help.

[Edited at 2016-10-26 06:45 GMT]
Collapse

TranslateThis
TranslateThis  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
No free lunch Oct 27, 2016

Markus Nystrom wrote:

I don't understand Mario's comment. It's his business if he wishes to attend the webinar or not. But why poison the waters of someone else's initiative, unless it is purely out of spite for someone he does not even know? Thumbs down, Mario. Thumbs down.

It is clear that the purpose is of the webinar is to sell services & tools to translators. Out of curiosity I attended one of these webinars a few months ago and Jenae did make a few good suggestions. To be fair, I don't think the package she is selling is bad at all; she does offer some great tips and tools that may help some translators. However, it definitely felt more like a sales pitch than a webinar and I thought the package was overpriced.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:29
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Well, Oct 27, 2016

Markus Nystrom wrote:

That someone else's initiative is a marketing campaign used to try to sell you something in the name of a free Webiner.

I don't like that sales model either. If she wants to sell us something, she can just advertise it as a product. Alluring people to join a Webiner in which something is sold will make the attendants feel they are fooled.

Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:29
German to English
also watched one of her webinars Oct 27, 2016

I also watched a video of one of these things. I enjoyed it and found it fairly informative. I felt no significant pressure to book something else that I would have had to pay for, and did not have any interest in doing so. Thank you very much, Jenae

That said, the advertising is extremely snake-oily (or Abdominizeresque - or my personal favorite from my childhood [and also immortalized by the B-52s]: genuine-faux-pearl-esque). I don't think there is any way to honestly deny that. <
... See more
I also watched a video of one of these things. I enjoyed it and found it fairly informative. I felt no significant pressure to book something else that I would have had to pay for, and did not have any interest in doing so. Thank you very much, Jenae

That said, the advertising is extremely snake-oily (or Abdominizeresque - or my personal favorite from my childhood [and also immortalized by the B-52s]: genuine-faux-pearl-esque). I don't think there is any way to honestly deny that.
I just wanted to ... FREE ... break through the noise ... the success you deserve ... eliminating self-limiting beliefs ... Squash toxic beliefs ... in under 15 minutes ... Eliminate any additional self-limiting beliefs ... NOW ... FREE ... destroy self-limiting beliefs ... powerful ... passionate ... amazingly rewarding ... it's inspiring ...

The nicest thing that I can say about the advertising (as opposed to the content) is that I find it significantly less terrible than the stuff TM-Town used to do.

It is also a fairly questionable technique for getting around the no-advertising policy.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Free Webinar - Thursday!] How to Stop Sabotaging Your 6-figure Success in Under 1 Hour

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »