Having trouble translating a sentence - what do you think?
Thread poster: sanstis (X)
sanstis (X)
sanstis (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:53
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2015

I am trying to translate the following sentence:

يجب على المصانع تحت الانشاء تحديد موقف تصنيع المستحضر الخاص بها اما "ْلوكل" في حالة التصنيع لديها او "تول" في حالة التصنيع لدي مصنع اخر في نموذج طلب الاستعلام ***و ذلك حتى يتثنى لنا حساب العدد المخصص لها من المستحضرات

Here is what I've come up with so f
... See more
I am trying to translate the following sentence:

يجب على المصانع تحت الانشاء تحديد موقف تصنيع المستحضر الخاص بها اما "ْلوكل" في حالة التصنيع لديها او "تول" في حالة التصنيع لدي مصنع اخر في نموذج طلب الاستعلام ***و ذلك حتى يتثنى لنا حساب العدد المخصص لها من المستحضرات

Here is what I've come up with so far:
Plants under construction must specify - in the request for information application form - the manufacturing situation of the drug as either “Local” if it is manufactured there or “Toll” if it is manufactured in another plant, ***even if this means that we will double the number of pharmaceutical preparations counted.***

The part after *** is what I'm struggling with. Does this look right to you?
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
Typo in original Oct 19, 2015

Hi,
The original Arabic contains an unfortunately common typo, which is probably the cause of your confusion.
It's يتسنى
not يتثنى
حتى يتسنى لنا حساب العدد
= to enable us to calculate the number

sanstis (X)
sanstis (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 19, 2015

You're great, thank you very much!

This is an Egyptian document, so do you think this is a case of ث being س in the author's dialect, leading them to confuse the two?

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
Exactly.. Oct 19, 2015

Because many Egyptians tend to pronounce the ث as س even when reading فصحى, some may accidentally overcompensate by treating س as if it were ث
(I'm sure other Arabs do it as well, but I'm Egyptian myself so just talking about what I know)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Having trouble translating a sentence - what do you think?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »